Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Newspaper worthy

I am so happy for the DAS Cheerleaders as they were featured on page 27 of The Morning Calm newspaper! Two of my photos were featured with the article and I am happy to say that this is the first time (to my knowlege) that any of my digital photography has been featured in, well, anything other than my own webpage! The best part is they actually spelled my name correctly!

 
I've cut back considerably on the number of appointments that I am taking because of school and other committments (not to mention its still super cold outside!). I had a wonderful session this past weekend with two beautiful girls and I am really happy with the photos that have come from that session.
 
Graduation photos are usually one of the last professional photos a woman has taken of herself with th other being her wedding photo. That is, professional without kids or a husband in the photo. So not only does a graduation photo mark a rite of passage, it is also likely th last portrait a woman will take. Although, these girls are so pretty I seriously doubt that...they'll probably end up being models on the covers of Vogue and other magazines I never have time to read. ;)
 





 
Next to the My Beauty Campaign session, senior portraits are my favorite sessions because there is so much emotion - excitement, happiness, joy, and even a little anxiety. At the time the portraits are taken the possibilities are endless and the sky is the limit. I just love the natural emotions that come through during these sessions. Makes me think of when I graduated...but lets not go there. Maybe one day I'll post my graduation photo...
 
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment